Amancio Ortega is a Spanish businessman who is probably best known as the wealthiest clothing retailer in the world, Inditex fashion group.
|Net worth||$52.5 Billion|
|Last Updated:||October 02, 2022|
|Born:||March 28, 1936|
|Height:||1.73m (5ft 6”)|
|Source of Wealth:||Inditex Fashion Group|
Amancio Ortega’s Net Worth Over Time
- Inditex Fashion Group
How did Amancio Ortega become rich?
Most of Amancio Ortega’s wealth comes from the Zara ready-to-wear clothing store that had exponential growth over a limited period of time.
Also read: Jeff Bezos’s Net worth in 2022
- In 1963, Amancio Ortega found Confecciones Goa to sell quilted bathrobes.
- In 1975 Zara’s ready-to-wear clothing store in Coruña.
- In 2009 Ortega owned 59.29% of Inditex Fashion Group and Zara was part of it.
- 2011 Ortega resigned from his position in the Inditex Fashion Group and hand over responsibilities to the vice president.
- In 2012 Ortega donated €20 million to Caritas Internationalis Roman Catholic relief organization.
- In 2017 Spanish Association of Foundations awarded Amancio Ortega a Philanthropic award.
- July 2020 that Ortega’s property holdings have been revalued as worth $17.2 billion.
- In 2019, the company completed a $72.5 million deal for a downtown Chicago hotel.
- 2020 Amancio Ortega lost $10 billion due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Famous Amancio Ortega Quotes
I’ll keep working until the end.
Innovation and commitment to our customers define our corporate culture.
Innovation and constant improvement must keep on being the motivating idea of our Group throughout the 21st century.