Warren Buffett’s net worth is 114 Billion USD as of 2023. He is an American businessman, investor, author, and, philanthropist who is probably best known as the CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. Warren Buffett was never ranked as the richest person in the world, but he is one of the biggest investment tycoons in the world. Let’s find out his net worth over time and some main highlights in his career as an investor.
|Net worth||$114 Billion|
|Last Updated:||May 8, 2023|
|Born:||August 30, 1930|
|Height:||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Source of Wealth:||Berkshire Hathaway|
Warren Buffett’s Net Worth Over Time
According to both Bloomberg’s Billionaires Index and Forbes, Warren Buffett is the 6th-wealthiest person in the world. This figure comes from Forbes’ real-time figures.
Here is Warren Buffett’s Net Worth Over Time According to Forbes,
|1960-1967||$1 Million – 7 Million|
Warren Buffett’s Companies
- Berkshire Hathaway
How did Warren Buffett become rich?
Most of Warren Buffetts’ wealth comes from partnership agreements and the textile manufacturing company, Berkshire Hathaway.
- 1942 Buffett buys his first stocks.
- 1943 Buffett family moved to Washington and Warren started delivering newspapers and other business ventures.
- 1949 Buffet got the opportunity to read The ‘Intelligent Investor’, the book that changes his life.
- 1952 marries Susan Thompson. Started living separately in 1977 but remain married until Susan dies in 2004.
- 1956 His first business partnership. Invested $100.
- 1958 Warren Buffet buys modest Omaha house.
- 1959 Warren meets Charlie Munger.
- 1965 Warren buys Berkshire Hathaway.
- 1972 Berkshire Hathaway acquires See’s candies.
- 1983 Berkshire Hathaway stock jumped to $1000.
- 1988 Warren Buffet buys Coca-Cola stake.
- 1991 Warren meets Bill Gates.
- 1992 Berkshire Hathaway stock tops $10,000 for the first time.
- 1998 Berkshire Hathaway stock tops $50,000 for the first time.
- 2006 Warren teams up with Gates Foundation.
- 2006 Warren marries Astrid Munks.
- 2006 Berkshire Hathaway stock tops $100,000 for the first time.
- 2008 Warren writes Buy American, I am to New York Times.
- 2011 receives the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- 2012 Warren diagnose with prostate cancer.
- 2014 Berkshire Hathaway stock tops $200,000 for the first time.
- 2017 Berkshire Hathaway stock tops $300,000 for the first time
- 2018, ‘Bitcoin probably a rat prison’. Warren has released his statement.
- 2021-2022 Warren has started investing in Bank Stocks such as Citigroup and Ally Financial.
- Warren lived in the stucco house in Omaha while making investments in several sectors in 2022.
Famous Warren Buffett Quotes
American magic has always prevailed, and it will do so again.Warren Buffet
You’ve got to understand accounting. You’ve got to. That’s got to be like a language to you.Warren Buffet
It’s far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price.Warren Buffet
Rule No. 1 is never losing money. Rule No. 2 is never forgetting Rule No. 1.Warren Buffet
Our favorite holding period is forever.Warren Buffet