Still don’t know how to make Cranberry Sauce for this Christmas season? Here is the Cranberry Sauce recipe of Gordon Ramsay. To write this article we gathered information from gordonramsayrestaurants.com.
Ingredients for Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 150g caster sugar
- 2-star anise
- 4 green cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 250g fresh cranberries
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 60ml ruby port
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
Method of Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- Put a heavy-based pan over medium heat and add the spices. Allow the sugar to melt (without stirring) and turn a rich caramel color before adding the cranberries and a touch of seasoning.
- Cook the cranberries briefly so that they just start to soften, then add the apples and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Toss regularly to coat all the fruit in the caramel.
- Pour in the port, reduce the heat then stir in the orange zest and juice. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, so that some of the cranberries and apples break down completely and thicken the sauce.
- Transfer to a warmed serving dish, discarding the star anise and cardamom pods. If not serving immediately, cool and keep in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Warm through gently to serve.
Hope you guys enjoying this article. You can comment below and let us know which Gorden Ramsay’s recipe you need to know from the next article.