Still don’t know how to make French Toast Sandwich in Michigan way. Here are the ingridients and method of making Michigan French Toast Sandwich in Gordon Ramsay. To write this article we gatherd information from Gordon Ramsay’s Recipebook.
Ingredients for Michigan French Toast Sandwich Recipe
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar, divided
- About ¼ cup heavy cream, divided
- 2 small red apples, cores removed and chopped into large pieces
- Unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon apple cognac
- 3 thick slices of white sandwich bread
- Olive oil
- Thimbleberry jam
- 1 ½ tablespoons creme fraiche
Method of Michigan French Toast Sandwich Recipe
- Start by placing two large nonstick skillets over medium-high heat.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk, then continue whisking while adding about 1 ½ tablespoons sugar, followed by heavy cream. Set aside.
- Add the remaining sugar to one skillet and let sit for a moment so it begins to caramelize. Add the apples to the pan along with about a tablespoon of butter, tossing to coat.
- Drizzle the apple cognac over the apples, followed by another tablespoon or so of heavy cream.
- Bring the mixture to a low boil.
- Quickly dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture to coat, but don’t let it soak.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the other skillet along with about a tablespoon of butter. Once melted, add the coated slices to the hot pan and let brown. Add a few teaspoons of butter around the edges of the pan. Carefully flip each bread slice (only flip once!) to lightly brown the other side, then remove from heat.
- Once the apples have absorbed the cream and are jammy and almost candied, remove them from heat.
- To serve, spread a couple of tablespoons of thimbleberry jam onto one slice of bread on a plate, then top with a few tablespoons of caramel apples.
- Place another slice of bread on top of the apples and repeat. Place the third slice of bread on top, then top with a dollop of crème fraîche, followed by a small bit of thimbleberry jam. Scatter any remaining apples around the plate and serve.
Hope you guys enjoing this article. You can comment below and let us know wich Gorden Ramsay’s reciepe you need to know from next article.