The Mahindra XUV 300 is a subcompact crossover SUV manufactured by Mahindra & Mahindra. This vehicle, introduced to the Indian market in February 2019, is built upon the X100 platform originally developed by SsangYong for the Tivoli model. To assess the optimal value-for-money proposition among its variants, it’s essential to explore the various options it offers.
The car boasts a robust and athletic design characterized by its commanding presence on the road. At the front, the car’s distinctive grille, embellished with chrome accents, takes center stage, flanked by sleek and sharp headlamp units. The hood of the vehicle is intricately sculpted, adorned with bold creases and muscular contours that underscore its strength.
Transitioning to the side profile, the vehicle showcases its dynamic stance with flared wheel arches and prominent character lines that add a sense of motion even when stationary. The gracefully sloping roofline lends a touch of elegance as it flows toward the rear of the car.
The Mahindra XUV 300 offers a choice between two engines.
- Power: 108.62 BHP
- Torque: 200 Nm
- Smoothness and quick responsiveness
- Paired with a precise 6-speed manual gearbox
- Offers an exhilarating driving experience
- Power: 115.05 BHP
- Torque: 300 Nm
- Refined performance and strong low-end torque
- It can be coupled with a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic gearbox
- Enables customization of driving preferences
The Mahindracarfeatures a well-tuned suspension with MacPherson struts at the front, delivering a comfortable ride on uneven roads and maintaining stability at highway speeds. The responsive steering system provides precise control and feedback, along with a tight turning radius for urban agility. The XUV 300’s brakes offer strong stopping power and a reassuring pedal feel.
The best value-for-money (VFM) option is the TUV300 W8 variant, available at an ex-showroom price of Rs 11.46 lakhs.
The entry-level option for the XUV 300 is the XUV 300W4, with an ex-showroom price of Rs 8.42 lakhs. Offering more value for money, the top VFM variant includes added features. Notably, it comes with a turbocharged engine for improved performance.
While the VFM variant lacks a rear parking camera present in the base model, it compensates with automatic ORVMs (as opposed to manual in the base variant), projector headlights (contrasting the base variant’s halogen lights), and stylish DRLs.
The car unmistakably distinguishes itself as an exceptional value proposition within its segment. Its array of potent engine choices strikes an ideal balance between performance and fuel efficiency, ensuring a thrilling yet economical driving encounter.
- Meticulously crafted exterior: Showcases modern LED tail lights, a dynamic roof-mounted spoiler, and a robust rear bumper blending aesthetics with practicality.
- Luxurious interior design: Lavishly designed cabin features state-of-the-art infotainment, user-friendly controls, and a range of comfort-enhancing amenities.
- Inviting and opulent ambiance: This creates a captivating driving atmosphere that beckons with sophistication and luxury.
Competitive pricing: Harmonizes affordability with an expansive feature set, making it an attractive choice within its segment.