Larry Ellison is an American businessman and investor who is probably best known as the CTO and Founder of Oracle.
|Net worth||$86.6 Billion|
|Last Updated:||October 02, 2022|
|Born:||August 17, 1944|
|Height:||1.91 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Source of Wealth:||Oracle|
Larry Ellison’s Net Worth Over Time
|1990-2008||$ 365 Million|
- Oracle Corporation
How did Larry Ellison become rich?
Most of Larry Ellison’s wealth comes from Oracle Corporation and other personal investments.
- 1977 Larry founded Oracle with two partners who invested $1200-$2000.
- 1981 IBM chose Oracle to run their mainframes.
- 1982-1989 Oracle sales doubled each year.
- Oracle went public in 1986 and during IPO the company made over $31.5 million.
- 1990 Oracle was about to go bankrupt.
- In 2005, Oracle Corporation paid Ellison a $975,000 salary, a $6,500,000 bonus, and other compensation of $955,100.
- In March 2010, Ellison was the sixth-richest person in the world and the third-richest American.
- In 2012 Ellison bought 98 percent of the Hawaiian island of Lanai.
- He have given up Oracle’s CEO position in 2014.
- After that Ellison made Lanai island his permanent residence and lived peacefully.
- Even though he stepped down as Oracle’s CEO, he had shown up in several instances for personal investments in 2022.
Famous Larry Ellison’s Quotes
Great achievers are driven, not so much by the pursuit of success, but by the fear of failure.Larry Ellison
When you innovate, you’ve got to be prepared for people telling you that you are nuts.Larry Ellison
You have to act and act now.Larry Ellison