According to research that included over 500 employees, around 70% of the managers said that the company’s success depends on their employee engagement. Employee engagement is one of the fundamental factors that makes or breaks a business. If you want an effective business, you will need to ensure that your employees work productively. The company growth depends on the handwork of every team member involved.
The collected Gallup data shows that only 33% of employees give their full commitment to their work. Low engagement can cause various problems for the business. For example, if your employees are not fully committed to their work, they will try to find a way to avoid work that can result in business failure. Many advanced software companies introduced different monitoring applications to overcome this fear and keep an eye on the employee’s productivity. These monitoring apps allow you to monitor your team remotely in order to track their work efficiency.
What is employee monitoring?
The concept of employee monitoring allows you to have a comprehensive and clear view of your employee’s activities.
It allows you to track your employees and monitor their daily tasks to increase their engagement and measure their productivity. Employee monitoring software offers many features that are beneficial for every business. You can track their attendance, check their unproductive activities, get monthly reports, ensure your company’s security and collect proof of your employees’ hard work. Many companies have started using employee monitoring apps to track their workers productivity.
According to a survey by American Association, “nearly 80% of major companies now monitor employees’ use of e-mail, Internet, or phone. This figure represents a sharp rise from 1997 when only 35% percent of companies monitored employees.”
Through advanced technology, you can now monitor almost every activity of your workers. Some of these activities are:
- Internet and app usage
- Computer screen recording
- Phone use
- Video/audio surveillance
- GPS tracking by vehicle
- Location tracking
- Multimedia/audio video files
All of the collected data allows you to make your decision-making process a lot easier. It helps you determine which employee deserves a raise and which one of them needed your help. You can make the required changes in your team using the collected data. Employee monitoring gives you the objective report of each one of your employees. This way, you can know about every member without any confusion.
How does employee monitoring increase your team’s work efficiency?
Employee monitoring plays with the psychology of the employees. Everyone wants to perform their best when someone’s watching them. And employee monitoring software delivers your employees’ best outcome. It creates a sense of constant surveillance that increases their productivity.
Pro and cons of monitoring
Let us take a look at some of the pros and cons of employee monitoring.
- It helps you manage the workload in a better way.
- It allows you to monitor your employees’ activities.
- You can manage your team according to their monthly performance report provided by the software.
- It allows you to check their productivity and reduce time wastage.
- It serves you to figure out where your team is spending most of their time.
- It allows you to keep track of time for each project.
- It supports you to increase your workplace security.
- It reduced theft and other unethical issues.
- It clarifies if your team is working sincerely or not.
- You can monitor your remote workers as well.
- It helps you increase your workplace security. The offered features let you ensure that the necessary information stays within the company.
There is no denying that employee monitoring has many advantages for any business. However, it has few drawbacks as well. Let us take a look at some of its cons:
- Some employees get offended due to the privacy violation.
- It may get difficult to retain employees because of intrusive employee monitoring apps.
- It can affect the employer-employee trust relationship, which can reduce their morale.
- If your employee uses their personal device at the office, it can cause legal problems.
- It can collect their personal information, which could be used against them if landed in the wrong hands.
- If you monitor your employees without their consent, your company can face legal charges.
- The employee monitoring will not be helpful if the software is too expensive.
- It can also create a false sense of security among your employees.
- Full-time surveillance may stress your employees. It can affect work productivity as well.
According to research, “72% of workers say their productivity would be affected if their company used employee monitoring software. Businesses can frame employee monitoring as an opportunity for employees to demonstrate their good work. And only 22% of 18 to 34-year-old employees are concerned about their employers having access to personal information and activity from their work computer. Companies should prepare for their workers to become increasingly savvy about using work devices appropriately as younger people make up more of the workforce.”
Also, Avast is antivirus software that helps you from attacks of the virus/malware. But when it comes to security the alerts of this software are like crazy. It installs security software for browsers i.e avast secure browser. And to be honest it’s a pain when you try to access some websites. Here is an article on how to remove the avast secure browser from your computer. You can get rid of it by following the steps shown in the article.
How can monitoring erode trust?
Everyone knows that the most critical factor in any relationship is trust. If your employees do not trust you, your business will not grow successfully.
However, monitoring apps may be a reason to grind down the trust. You may think how that is possible. Well, it is. Many of these apps track your employee’s performance by taking regular screenshots of their screen during working hours. It can cause a sense of discomfort for them. Additionally, these screenshots may lead to you false assumptions. For example, your employee could explore Instagram for research purposes, but you may assume that he is wasting his time.
But, does it mean all the employee monitoring software or apps are flawed? Well, that not quite how it is.
If you use the right monitoring app for the right purpose, there are so many advantages that employee surveillance can offer.
XNSPY – how it works
XNSPY is one of the most used monitoring apps in the market. It is the most advanced and reliable surveillance app that you can use for your business. XNSPY offers a set of features that allows you to track your employee’s activities without invading their privacy. The affordability of this app makes it an ideal app for every business.
XNSPY supports both Android and iOS devices. So, you can monitoring all of your employees without worrying about the compatibility of the software. The user-friendly interface makes it easier to set up and use. XNSPY works remotely, which means you can monitor your remote employees as well. It has many features that can help you track your employee’s productivity. However, some of these offered features are:
- Call logs
- Check date/time/duration of calls
- Call recording
- SMS/MMS monitoring
- Exchanged emails monitoring
- View photos/videos/audio files
- Web browsing history
- Bookmarked pages
- Location tracking
- Device usage reports
- Surround recording
- Instant messaging apps like WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook Messenger, Tinder, Kik, and many others.
- Social media apps such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and many others.
- Calendar entries
- Manage Apps (view or block)
- Wi-Fi Logger
- Mobile off/on or lock/unlock
These features allow you to keep track of your employees’ daily productivity rate and ensure that your company’s valuable information stays safe within.