A convection oven is a kitchen appliance that was created to make cooking easier. It has the ability to cook food quickly and evenly, which can be helpful if you are in a hurry or don’t want your food to burn. This article will give you an overview of what this type of oven does and how it works!
Also read: Top Bread Makers for 2021
Benefits of Using a Convection Oven
1. Faster and more even cooking: a convection oven cooks food quickly by circulating hot air around the dish, which is what makes it evenly cooked.
2. More energy efficient: your regular stovetop or microwave might take longer to cook something because there are fewer elements that can radiate heat into the food being prepared. This also means that you will likely use less electricity to heat up your oven because there are more elements that can do the job.
3. Ability to cook multiple dishes at once: this is especially helpful when you’re trying to get dinner ready for a large group of people and don’t have much time on your hands. You’ll be able to make two or three dishes at once, which will save you time.
4. Not just for baking: while the oven is most often used to bake or broil food in a way that mimics an open flame, it can also be used as part of a cooking system with multiple elements like convection microwaves and induction stoves. These three appliances work together to create a complete cooking system that can be used for everything from slow-cooking meat and vegetables, frying potatoes, searing steak or even making oatmeal.
5. Cooking with convection ovens is also easier on your food: because the heat element will come in contact with the food from all angles as it cooks, you’ll get more even cooking. That means less time spent stirring and rotating the food, as well as minimal scorching or burning.
For some dishes like bread, a convection oven can also produce a much better crust. You’ll get that crispier outside with an airy inside thanks to all of those hot air currents working together to cook the dough.
In addition to cooking more evenly, a convection oven can also cook faster than an ordinary one. That means that you’ll spend less time waiting for your food and have more time left over to do other things in the kitchen or around your house.
Tips for Cooking With a Convection Oven
1. Bake at a lower temperature than you normally would because the heat is more distributed across the food.
2. Plan to cook for an hour less, since convection ovens are typically set on low (250F) and can take up to 30 minutes less time.
3. Make sure your food is arranged in a single layer or it will not have enough space for the hot air currents to evenly cook it.
4. Use a lower rack because this encourages more of those hot air currents to circulate around your food and helps with cooking time as well.
5. A convection oven has an exhaust fan that removes moisture from the oven, so you will need less water in your recipe than you would in a regular oven.
In conclusion, convection ovens are a great choice for people that want to cook or bake multiple items at once. They use fans and heaters to circulate the air in your cooking area, which evenly distributes heat and helps food cook faster. You can even adjust the fan speed depending on what you’re trying to accomplish with your meal! This makes convection ovens an excellent choice if you have limited kitchen space because they take up significantly less room than standard ovens.