While car accidents can result in both acute and chronic injuries, truck accidents can cause even more severe injuries. Given their size, trucks can easily run over your car and motorcycle, resulting in death. In the United States, millions of people suffer from truck accident injuries and many of these injuries are fatal as well.
If you or your loved ones were injured recently, contact a Las Vegas truck injury lawyer immediately. Treating injuries, no matter how big or small can cost an exuberant amount of money. Even if you have insurance, an insurance company may try to exploit loopholes and deny your claim.
Hiring an attorney can help you gain compensation that can in turn help you to pay your medical bills. Here is what your medical bills will look like, and why you should hire an attorney.
- Emergency Treatment: In 2017, the cost was estimated to be approximately $1,400 on average.
- Prescription Drugs: The average American spends approximately $1,200 on medication every year. This number increases exponentially when truck accident victims need to buy more specialized medication.
- Repair Damaged Tissue Via Surgery: Reconstructive surgery is essential to repair any damaged tissue and skin. The surgery can cost an average of $10,000, depending on which part needs to be reconstructed and how much it has been damaged.
- Fractures: Repairing broken bones can cost up to $35,000.
- Brain Surgery: It is one of the most expensive surgeries conducted in the United States. It is also an essential surgery as you need a functioning brain to lead a good life. Head and brain trauma is a common injury sustained in truck accidents. Brain surgery can cost anywhere between $85,000 and $2,000,000.
- Aftercare and Rehab: Patients who have just undergone brain surgery or any other type of surgery need extensive aftercare which itself can cost up to $1,000,000.
- Therapy: If a victim is suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder or other psychological trauma, therapy can cost $200 per session.
Medical bills can take years to repay and can be mentally distressing. Hiring an attorney can help you avoid the excessive costs of receiving treatment for something that wasn’t your fault. Victims of truck accidents may be eligible for the following compensations if they are able to prove the driver or company’s negligence.
- All medical costs, including major surgery and postoperative care
- Lost wages due to hospital visits or emotional distress
- Loss of employment or future income due to being rendered unable to work
- Damage to property, such as to the victim’s car
- Psychological distress
The justice system is shrewd and can take up to months to deliver a decision. But this does not mean that you should shy away from seeking justice for the crimes committed against you. The least truck accidents can do is cause injuries, but they can easily result in death as well. Don’t gamble with your life. Seek medical help immediately after an accident and then contact an attorney to take care of the legal proceedings on your behalf.
I’m an SEO Expert, Passionate Content writer. I have graduated from a reputed University. Mail Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org