The world’s economy has slowed down because of the Covid-19 pandemic. Experts predict that it might take some time to recover. While this seems to paint a bleak picture, let’s get proactive! The resulting lockdown gives you time to focus on new things. Slowing down allows you to make business decisions without the usual urgency. This is important when creating your winning strategy. So, let’s take a look at 5 steps to take to make your business even stronger after the pandemic.
5 Business Tips for Painters
- Create your brand
Create a brand that leaves a lasting impression. As a business your brand should echo your values and show your customers its most appealing attributes.
Giving your painting business a personality allows your customers to connect and engage with you. Show them that your business has so much more to offer. Demonstrate how professional, fun and innovative you are. You can do this by:
- Writing a blog
- Filming an instructional video
- Contributing to community discussions
- Telling your company’s story
- Including your values in your ‘About Us’ page
- Take an in-depth look at your competition
Take advantage of the Covid-19 lockdown to look at what your competitors are doing. To survive, your painting business needs to be better than your competitors. Both local and international
Competition is often easy to identify. Just search for painting companies within your area. Go through their websites and see what they do differently. Don’t be afraid to improve on their ideas. Compare their pricing, services, products and outreach programs to yours.
- Update insurance during Covid-19 lockdown
In the midst of all this economic uncertainty, the last thing you need is an unnecessary financial obligation. One of our most important business tips for painters is keeping your insurance updated. This saves you from having to pay for claims from your business account. To confirm how well covered your projects are you could get your insurance agent to carry out an assessment. Make sure that these two insurance policies are up to date:
- General Contractors Liability Insurance – This policy will protect you from any claims made by third parties due to injury, property damage and lawsuits resulting from your operations.
- Builder’s Risk Insurance – This coverage protects from financial loss resulting from damage to buildings or properties under renovation or construction.
- Improve on your marketing
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic you will need to adjust your online advertising. There has been a sharp rise in the usage of online platforms since the pandemic began. Jump onboard the bandwagon and look at:
- Extending high-performing ads
- Building brand awareness
- Finding new leads and build your email marketing list
- Creating new ads creative and expand your audience targets
- Publishing customer reviews.
- Take a professional online course
Running your painting business is tough job. There are decisions to make, strategies to plan and finances to handle. Take this time to do a short professional course such as:
- Finance and accounting
- Business Management
- Public speaking
Prepare your business during Covid-19 lockdown.
We hope that our business tips for painters are helpful. Getting the right tools by your side will make it easier to recover once the Covid-19 pandemic is over. As you do your part by staying home, let us handle your insurance needs. Get in touch with Contractors Liability by calling 888 676 0923.