The business is run by taking small and big decisions. These decisions can break or make any business. Even decisions that seem small or insignificant can make a huge impact on the business. Thus there is no doubt that the decision-making process is vital for any business as a wrong decision can lead to wastage of business money, time, and effort. Sometimes the impact of a wrong decision is so huge that businesses could not recover from it. Thus every business tries its best to make an informed and right decision so that there is a problem afterward. The most effective way of doing so is through the use of decision tree software.
But what exactly is a decision tree? A decision tree is a flow chart the represent data in step by step format representing how different decision can lead to different outcomes. This provides the user with the required guidance in arriving at an informed decision. Decision trees today are used by the business for both long term and short term objectives and have proven to be of great help Decision tree helps the employees or agents understand the impact of the different decision on the business and thus are a tool that can mitigate the business risk. There might be a situation when a particular decision seems right for the business and customers but in reality, it can adversely impact business in the long run and without the use of a decision tree, there is no way of knowing it. Hence by implementing this tool you have all the information and clearly understand what impact the decision holds for the business. To understand why the business needs a decision tree it is vital to understand how these trees are created. The steps involved in decision tree creation are mentioned as below:
- The first step involves the opening problem that one needs to get resolved on time. This forms the base for the next course of action.
- After the opening question, the next step is to add the responses based on which certain outcomes will be generated that one chose and move further.
- One must not forget to add the direct nodes with each user response so that everything happens in an orderly manner.
- As already mentioned, each response leads to a different outcome, and hence it is important to link the node to another module.
By following these steps, a decision tree can easily be created for use. There are various areas of business where this tool is used for a fast and effective solution. One such area of business where its significance is unmatched is the customer contact center. This is because the agents under the customer contact center are the ones that are directly dealing with all the customers’ issues and queries and we all know how customers’ demands to get them resolved in no time. This can be made possible through the use of decision tree software that provides the agents with an interactive guide so that customers are happy and satisfied.
The decision tree starts with the opening problem also known as the question node. This node then gets divided into a number of yes or any based on how customers respond. This will lead further guide to different alternative as per customers’ answers. This way the decision tree software provides straightforward solutions that agents provide to the customers in no way. This tool is thereby used by various businesses to make the right decision so that quality customer care service is provided. There are various benefits of using a decision tree for customer contact centers. Some of these benefits are mentioned as below:
- A decision tree can be used by the business for the customer contact center in improving and enhancing the first call resolution. This because a decision tree can help in creating call center scripting which will make it more convenient and easy for business agents to respond to customer queries as fast as possible. Decision tree maker can help map out the various possibility of outcomes which makes them equipped better in handling different types of scenarios. This made it possible for contact centers to help the customers on the very first call leaving them happy and satisfied with the business.
- When customers call contact centers for some issues or queries, the agents placed them on hold while they look up for the right solution for them. This can lead to frustration among customers as no one wishes to wait for long hours to get the issue resolved. But with the use of a decision tree, this entire scenario can be avoided as the agent with the help of keyword can lead to the right decision tree and all that they have to do is follow the guided instruction in the decision tree. This reduces the holding time of the customers to a minimum.
- Decision trees are also an effective way of improving agent productivity. This is because the time agents used to spend earlier in finding the right solution for customers has been considerably reduced. This leads the agents with more time and thus now they can handle more calls in less time. Hence with the use of a decision tree, the efficiency and productivity of agents increase manifold.
- A decision tree is very useful in showing the real impact of each decision on the business. Thus with the use of a decision tree, nothing is left to assumption as everything is clear. The decision tree assigns values to different outcomes and paths. This lead to financial clarity which will guide the business in the right direction as it is now clear which decision will bring positive or negative outcome for the business.
- Decision trees are highly recommended as they are purely based on logic. There is no biasness involved in this tool which makes it the most sought tool by many businesses. This will ensure that each customer gets treated in the same way without any effect from external circumstances.
Hence these are benefits that the decision tree provides in contact centers. This tool will definitely empower agents to provide quality service to your customers which go long way in building a loyalty base for the base. This tool must be implemented as soon as possible.