Paramount and Paramount Plus (commonly known as Paramount+) are two TV content distribution services. Both platforms offer a plethora of content, such as live sports, breaking news, and entertainment.
However, many people mistakenly believe that Paramount and Paramount+ are the same thing (which they are in some aspects), but they have some significant differences.
So, before signing up for one of these platforms, you should learn everything there is to know about both platforms. Read this article as we assist you in identifying key differences between the two platforms.
Paramount Network vs. Paramount Plus
Even though both on-demand streaming services offer an extensive content library, they differ in terms of apps, price, content, websites, and other factors. Here are the details of these differences which will help you decide which platform is right for you.
Difference in Content
It is a basic American cable television channel owned by ViacomCBS and operated by Domestic Media Networks. In the beginning, the channel aired content that was more oriented toward Southern American culture. Motorbike racing, outdoor programming, a range of country music shows, and much more are examples.
The channel has now established itself as a high-end cable channel. Although it is currently classified as a premium network, the cable enjoys a noticeable Middle American audience. This channel’s shows have always been boldly scripted, and occasionally not scripted at all. The Paramount Network airs popular shows such as Ink Master, Bar Rescue, Lip Sync Battle, Stand Your Ground, and Yellowstone.
In contrast, things are a little more flexible with Paramount Plus, as it does not require a television subscription. You only need to gain a membership for it because it is a video-on-demand, OTP-style streaming service, and then you can watch your favourite entertainment content whenever you want.
ViacomCBS also runs the Paramount Plus streaming service. It features a wide selection of popular films, such as “The Wolf of Wall Street,” “The Godfather (trilogy),” and “The Italian Job,” among others.
It also has over 50 original TV shows as well as the most popular sitcoms from the 1990s. LG TV and Apple TV are both compatible with Paramount Plus. Amazon Fire TV, Vizio TV, Android TV, Samsung TV, Xbox, PlayStation 4, Xfinity Flex, Roku, and Chromecast are just a few of the streaming devices available. It supports various languages, including Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Portuguese, and Danish, for multilingual users.
- Real-time TV shows and series are available.
- You can watch your favourite show the day after it premieres.
- You can resume your series from where you left off.
- You can use Chromecast to cast your favourite TV shows.
- On-demand access to over 30 thousand episodes of your favourite series is available.
- You can watch shows like The Good Fight, RuPaul’s Drag Race, iCarly, and others that are only available to subscribers.
- You can have 6 individual profiles for all family members with a single subscription.
- Keep up to date with round-the-clock news coverage and a live stream available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Make your personalized content list.
The price of Paramount network is entirely determined by the other channels and live TV services included in your membership package.
You can choose between two distinct plans here.
- Paramount+ Essential: For $4.99 a month, you can enjoy programs with a limited number of advertisements through Paramount+ Essential. They also have a yearly payment plan for $49.99 per year, which will save you up to 16% on your monthly bill.
- Paramount+ Premium: For $9.99 a month, you can get an ad-free streaming experience with Paramount+ Premium. You can alternatively pay $99.99 for the entire year and save 16% on monthly payments. This contains live broadcasts from CBS stations. (Since it is live, some advertising may be interrupted.)
Comparison: Paramount and Paramount+
Since both Paramount Network and Paramount Plus are owned and run by the same parent company, ViacomCBS, the content similarities are unsurprising. However, here are a few things to note when comparing both the platforms.
- Paramount Plus is the on-demand streaming service of the Paramount Network. Therefore, most, but not all, of the Paramount Network’s series soon get available on Paramount Plus.
- The Paramount Network is a conventional cable service in which users tune in at a specific time to watch the content that is currently airing. With Paramount Plus, you have unlimited access to everything at all times.
- Since the two applications are not interchangeable, a subscriber to the Paramount network cannot access the content of the Paramount Plus with the same subscription.
Overall, both services offer unique subscription methods, payment plans, content, and apps, with some important similarities and differences. In other words, the fundamental similarity between the two is that they are both popular and most liked content providers. The difference is that Paramount Plus is an on-demand streaming service, whereas Paramount is a television cable service.
So, which one is suitable for you? Well, that totally depends on your content consumption and how much you are willing to invest in any of these platforms. So, which one suits you the best, let us know in the comment section below.