The traditional means of on-field marketing are getting obsolete as more and more organizations now switch to digital marketing. Done through online modes like the internet, social media, and various mobile apps and emails, digital marketing is the new style to target a customer.
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak, as businesses are forced to shift their operations online, the relevance of digital marketing has only grown. The industry that already stood at ₹199 billion in 2020 is expected to value around ₹539 billion by 2024 [Source: statista.com]. These stats are compelling more and more students to enter this field.
As Digital Marketing grows roughly at a Cumulative Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 30-40%, students opt for an online Digital Marketing course in Dhaka, Beijing, New Delhi, Hanoi, and other Asian capitals. These courses are equipping them with the essential skills required for grabbing a good Digital Marketing job. On average, a Digital Marketing Manager in Bangladesh earns around ৳2,10,000 (Bangladeshi Taka) currently, according to payscale.com.
Having a look at the salary, now let’s see what all is in store for a digital marketing professional in Bangladesh’s Dhaka. Before that, let’s give a quick revision to digital marketing terminology.
What is Digital Marketing?
As defined previously, digital marketing is simply the performance of marketing communications through online and digital modes. It is an amalgamation of various sectors involving Sales, Marketing, Content, Product, Analytics, etc. The backbone of digital marketing is the concepts like SEO, SMO, SEM, SMM, etc.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the most popular term broadly divided into on-page SEO and off-page SEO. While on-page SEO deals with optimizing content, off-page is all about handing web pages, their source codes, backlinks, etc.
Digital marketing includes activities like Shooting Emails, Running Ad Campaigns, Creating Content for Web Pages, etc.
What are the Top Digital Marketing Jobs in Dhaka?
Since digital marketing is an amalgamation of different departments in an organization, various job roles are available to candidates. Given below are some of the top job roles for candidates along with their salary in Bangladesh Taka.
Note: 1৳ = ₹0.88=$0.012
|Job Role||Average Salary Package|
|Digital Marketing Manager||৳2,10,000|
|Marketing Research Analyst||৳17,22,000|
|Social Media Manager||৳1,85,000|
|Digital Marketing Lead||৳1,35,000|
|Digital Marketing Intern||৳1,20,000|
|Lead Generation Specialist||৳3,92,000|
|Email Marketing Specialist||৳2,46,250|
|Business Development Manager||৳8,98,000|
|Brand Marketing Manager||৳20,00,000|
Which are the Best Companies Hiring Digital Marketing Professionals in Dhaka?
Digital Marketing agencies and companies are spread across the globe. There is hardly any major city in the world that lacks such an organization. Some of the good digital marketing agencies to work for in Dhaka are listed below.
- Fox Digital Solution
- Freelance Topic
- Avista Digital
- Ninja Creative Marketing
- Code Design
Not just these, almost every top-notch company hires digital marketing professionals. Some of the best companies to work for such roles are:
What are the Key Job Roles of a Digital Marketing Professional?
There are various subfields in Digital Marketing, including Business Analysis, Content Writing, Product Manager, Sales Leads, etc. To be a successful digital marketing professional, you need to be efficient in most of these fields and have a slight idea about all of them. Considering this, a typical Digital Marketing expert’s detailed job roles and responsibilities are given in the points below.
- Strategizing content preparation so that it meets the requirements of the viewers who are being targeted.
- Ranking web pages on various SERPs like Google SERP. This is mainly done via techniques like SEO, SMO, SEM, etc.
- Interfering with the architecture and Source of the website makes it more accessible for users and Google crawlers.
- Managing ad campaigns across social media platforms, most commonly Facebook and Instagram.
- Checking up on what percentage of leads are getting converted into clients and continuously working to improve that.
- Working on improving the Domain Authority of the website through activities like getting backlinks from different domains.
- Analyzing Google Analytics time-to-time and tracking important digital marketing metrics. These metrics tell you how users interact with your website and about the sections where there is scope for improvement.
- Managing social media handles through quirky posts to keep the audience engaged, and thus improving your brand awareness in the market.
- Performing budgetary controls and managing the entire bill books at times.
- Calling upon team members to brainstorm ideas to develop some of the best and affordable solutions.
- Coordinating with UI/UX developers, by providing them content, and sharing your ideas about what should be given preference.
- Adding more and more web pages, as eventually, increases the overall traffic on your website.
- Keeping yourself updated with the present market trends, both formal and informal. This helps in developing mutual trust between your brand and your viewers.
- Jotting down progress reports and sharing that with clients and upper management during scheduled meetings.
What are the Key Skills Which a Digital Marketer Need to Possess?
Some of the key skills required in a professional digital marketer are:
- SMO (Social Media Optimization)
- SMM (Social Media Marketing)
- Communication Skills
- IT Skills
- Facebook Ad Manager
- Brand Management
- Google Analytics
- Google AdWords
- Internet Marketing
- Knowledge of Social Media and its Trends
- MS Office
- Content Creation
- Content Curation
Digital Marketing is a vast domain, and the list of skills required is endless. However, these skills mentioned above cover the majority of the portion. Being well equipped with these skills can easily land you in an excellent lucrative career. You can pursue various online courses to become efficient in these skills. A top-rated online course is offered by Google itself, which is also free of cost. The Digital Marketing sector is booming at an exceptional rate, which might be the perfect time to join it. So wait no more and enroll in an online course now!