Bring additional responsibility to your family by applying a smart home system. Your domestic space that is equipped with the following system will allow you to save greatly and receive the desired energy efficiency optimizing your money losses. Eventually, smart technologies can affect considerably both your household budget and your actual investment which will definitely recover itself fastly. Moreover, the automation home integration requires not very big costs for implementation.
Thus, a multifunctional home automation system allows you to get acquainted with the energy consumption in the house in detail. Constant monitoring allows households to understand which system requires control, and where it is necessary to save. At the same time, you have a lot of options to implement your specific DIY automation project with the help of widespread small electric linear actuators, like 12 v actuators which installation does not require much effort.
Intelligent systems are important criteria that many consider already at the stage of investment in real estate development. Investors usually look only at the construction budget. In the case of a “smart home” system, it is beneficial to integrate smart systems, since significant savings can be made, especially when it comes to saving heat and electricity.
As a result of the experiments, it was concluded that the daily energy savings in the case of using a home automation system were 6.4%. In the future, the use of the system for a month will reduce consumption by 2.8% -3.8%, which gives about 3.3% savings per year.
The advantage of automating a house or apartment:
- Safety. The system is constantly monitored.
- Saving. Automation allows you to turn off the light where it is not currently in use. If there is no one in the room, the light will automatically turn off. The thermostat checks the temperature and adjusts it to suit our needs.
- Automation of all processes. Using the phone, you can turn off the light if necessary, when there is no one in the house.
Independent regulation of the heating temperature in each room will help save a significant amount of energy (more than 30%). How do smart devices help in reducing energy consumption for heating? Rooms in the house that are rarely used can be kept cooler. Thus, there is complete control over the temperature in the apartment. With a smartphone, you can control the situation even from a distance. In addition, smart thermostats continuously collect information about people’s behavior using presence sensors and pre-programmed circuits to adapt to individual needs.
In addition to improving convenience, improving energy efficiency and improving safety are other key considerations. If a smart home thermostat communicates with a window contact via WiFi, it detects an opening window and thus regulates the temperature. Such a thermostat turns off the heating as soon as it receives information that no one else is home from sensors of other devices.
Smart LED lights automatically emit different shades of color depending on the time of day and room. If the outdoor patio camera is activated as a result of movement on the property, it will also set the indoor camera into an alarm state, as there may be a threat of tampering. In homes with elderly residents, a pressure-sensitive mat can notify relatives if someone got out of bed as usual in the morning.
How does a home become a smart home? The necessary components can be installed and configured without any technical knowledge. The following aspects should be taken into account when planning:
1. Internet and WiFi connection required
2. Smartphone or tablet is best for controlling and monitoring devices
3. Wireless network is modern, convenient, and elegant, but wired transmission is more secure
4. Do the devices have to be centrally programmable and compatible or are a standalone solution sufficient?
5. Are all devices connected using the same wireless standard?
6. Starter kits are perfect for beginners but usually only cover one area: energy efficiency, safety, or convenience
7. The central control unit must be placed in such a way that all devices to which it is addressed are within its radius.
Buying a Smart Home system in your home means providing yourself with comfortable living conditions: controlling all the systems in the house “without getting up from the sofa” using smartphones, laptops, tablets, or computers.
The average price of a budget smart home implemented on the equipment of some inexpensive brands (calculated for a two-room apartment) will be approximately $2000 – $3000. The structure of a smart apartment includes the most necessary devices that can organize a multifunctional and high-tech solution for automating modern housing. Or you can choose separate ready-made solutions with liner actuators to make a lot of things more functional and efficient.