One of the most crucial motocross gear, boots are often overlooked by new dirt bike riders. Even if a rider understands their importance, they often end up buying the wrong one.
Let’s say they even end up buying the right one. Still, there’s a high chance they will need to learn how to care for them properly. Well, there is so much to know and so little time. But you don’t have to worry about anything.
Here are the answers to all your motocross boots-related questions.
Why are dirt bike boots so important?
Being one of the most crucial safety equipment, you must have been told many times how important dirt bike boots are, but you have never been told why.
Well, there are many reasons experienced dirt bike riders believe that when it comes to motocross gear, you can not ignore a quality pair of dirt bike boots. Here are a few of those many reasons.
- With the right pair of motocross boots, you can protect your feet from getting injured during a crash. Also, they will prevent your ankle from getting twisted.
- Dirt bike boots will help you be in more control of your dirt bike. They help you have a better hold.
- Another great reason to invest in a pair of motocross boots is the availability of cool styles and designs. They will surely help you look professional.
There are many more reasons to invest in motocross boots. They are important for safety and comfort.
How to choose the right motocross boots?
Now that you know how important motocross boots are, you need to know how to find the right pair. Well, there are a few steps to help you choose the perfect motocross boots.
Price: The first step towards finding the perfect boots is deciding on a budget. How much you are willing to spend on a good pair of motocross boots will help you narrow your choices. They usually range between $160 to $900, depending on style, comfort, and safety features.
Comfort: Your boots need to be comfortable. You need to try and test before making the final choice. In order to have a comfortable ride, you need comfortable boots.
Safety: The safety of boots is another crucial factor you need to consider before purchasing motocross boots. After all, boots are protective gear, so safety has to be a crucial factor. Check the material and see if they reach your knees.
Style: After all the practical aspects, you would also want your boots to look good. Therefore, you need to consider their design and style. There are plenty of designs available on MXstore. So choose your favourite, but consider the rest of your MX clothing to ensure they match.
Consider these factors, and you have got yourself the perfect pair of motocross boots. Picking out the right one would be much easier with these tips.
How to clean and maintain your motocross boots?
You have found the perfect pair that you can’t wait to wear on race day. But do you know how to care for them so they last longer?
Here is everything you need to know about cleaning and maintaining your motocross boots.
- Always clean your boots after every ride. Do it manually rather than using a machine to prevent causing any damage.
- Use a professional boot cleaning kit or just water to clean them. Avoid using harsh chemicals.
- Wipe them with a dry cloth to dry quickly and let them air dry. Do not use a blow dryer and too much sunlight.
Now you have an answer to all the questions that have been piling up in your mind. From finding the right pair to take care of them, you know everything you need to make dirt bike riding easier and more phone-friendly.