Are you a movie geek? and a foodie geek too? check out the Golden snitch-themed peanut butter balls recipe inspired by the harry potter movie. The perfect treat to make your movie night special. These peanut butter balls shaped like golden snitches will blow everyone away!
1 cup peanut butter
3 cups powdered sugar
6 tbsp butter
1 cup yellow candy melts
8 dark cocoa candy melts
1 tsp vegetable oil
Gold color mist
Gold glitter card stock (be sure to get the kind where the glitter doesn’t flake off)
Mini squeeze bottle
- Combine peanut butter, butter and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Mix until well blended and thick enough to form balls.
- Make 12 peanut butter balls, placing them on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper.
- Combine yellow candy melts, dark cocoa candy melts and vegetables.
- Microwave at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted.
- Remove peanut butter balls from the refrigerator and dip in melted chocolate.
- Place back on wax paper and refrigerate until chocolate hardens (not long, just a minutes)
- Pour remaining melted chocolate into a decorating bottle. By this time, the chocolate shells should be hardened.
- Use the decorating bottle to make Golden Snitch designs on the peanut butter balls.
- Spray peanut butter balls with Wilton Gold Color Mist and let dry.
- Cut wings from gold card stock and glue toothpicks to the back, leaving just enough of the toothpick free to stick into the cake.
- Once the color is dry, attach wings and your Golden Snitch Peanut Butter Balls are ready to go.
- Refrigerate until needed.
Hope you guys enjoyed this recipe, comment below and let us know which geeky recipe you are interested in for our next article.