Gautam Adani had become the world’s second richest businessman so far. So, from where he came, how did he build? Let’s explore.
- 1. Gautam Adani’s net worth and how did he become wealthy?
- 2. Biography
- 3. Gautam Adani Early Life
- 4. How Gautam Adani started his business
- 5. Gautam Adani Industry Career
- 6. When did Gautam Adani establish Adani Enterprises?
- 7. Which companies are owned by Gautam Adani?
- 8. Gautam Adani Disputes and Problems
- 9. Famous Gautam Adani Quotes
- 10. FAQ:
Gautam Adani’s net worth and how did he become wealthy?
Adani comes from a business background. He gained business experience by working for companies at a young age and running several businesses. Then he got the best benefits from the 1991 economic reforms of India. So, now Adani has many wealthy income streams. And those had made him the 2nd richest Person on the planet. Gautam Adani’s net worth is around $ 140B – $160B.
|Full Name||Gautam Shantilal Adani|
|Profession||Businessmen – Founder and owner of Adani group|
|Date of birth||24.06.1962|
|Age||60 (in 2022)|
|Home town||Ahmadabad, Gujarat, India|
|Gautam Adani wife||Priti Adani|
|Gautam Adani sons||Karan Adani, Jeet Adani|
|Gautam Adani Net worth||140B USD – 160B USD (2022)|
|Richest person rank||2nd (2022)|
Gautam Adani Early Life
Adani was born into a Jain Gujarati family on 24th June 1962. His father is Shantilal Jain Adani, and his mother is Santa Jain Adani. And also has seven siblings in the Gautam Adani family. The best thing is he comes from a middle-class business background.
He was not interested in academic activities in schools and universities. He started a Bachelor of Commerce degree at Gujarat University, India. But he dropped out of the degree program in the second academic year. Then he began to gain experience in the business field and build his businesses.
How Gautam Adani started his business
When he was 18, he moved to Mumbai to work for Mahindra Brothers as a diamond sorter. Then, he worked there for two years. After gaining a good experience in the diamond industry and dropping out of college, he refused to work in his father’s textile business.
Then, Adani started his own diamond trading business. After running it for a while, he made a million dollars when he was 20. After that successful beginning, he started an import business in 1885 and export business in 1988.
Gautam Adani Industry Career
- Gautam Adani moved to Mumbai in 1978 to work as a diamond sorter in the Mahindra brothers’ company.
- After working with the Mahindra brothers for two to three years, he started his own Diamond Brokerage company in Zaveri Bazar, Mumbai.
- Gautam’s older brother, Mansukh Adani, bought a plastics company in 1981 and gave Gautam the chance to operate the business.
- In 1985, he started to import raw polymers for small companies in India.
- In 1988, Gautam Adani started a company called Adani Exports Limited. This company is now called Adani Enterprises Limited.
- 1991 economic liberalization actions of India brought many opportunities to grow for the Gautam Adani company.
- The government of Gujarat contracted out the management of Mudra Port of Gujarat in 1993, and Gautam Adani business (Adani Group) received this contract in 1995.
- In 1995, he constructed the first jetty ( Adani Ports & S.I.Z. Ltd). Now oversees the operations formerly under Mudra Port and Special Economic Zone (APSEZ) management. Currently, the largest private multi-port operator is Adani Company (APSEZ).
- Adani Power Limited was established in 1996. This company operates a sizable private thermal power plant in India.
- In 2006, Gautam Adani started to plant seedlings.
- They acquired Carmichael Cole in Queensland and Abbot Point Port in Australia between 2009 and 2012.
- Adani Group once ranked as India’s most trusted infrastructure brand in “The Brand Trust Report 2015″.
- Buying the majority of shares in Mumbai International Airport in 2020 made his company the biggest airport operator in India.
- He became the 10th richest businessman in the world in February 2022 and the 2nd richest so far in September 2022.
Also read Elon Musk’s net worth and how did he become wealthy
When did Gautam Adani establish Adani Enterprises?
After gaining a lot of business experience, Adani Enterprises was established in 1988. It is the flagship business of the Adani Group.
Adani Enterprises is now the largest importer of coal in the nation and a pioneer in port development and electricity generation.
Gautam Adani leads Adani Enterprises, and he is the group’s inventive architect. He owns about 70% of the business, along with his family.
Which companies are owned by Gautam Adani?
All of Adani’s businesses operate under the Adani group. So, the Adani group consists of the following companies.
- Adani Enterprise
- Adani Green Energy
- Adani Ports and SEZ
- Adani Power
- Adani Total Gas
- Adani Transmission
- Adani Wilmar
Gautam Adani Disputes and Problems
Most people blame the friendship between Adani and Indian prime minister Modi as the reason behind the success of Adani. And also, sometimes, it proved when Adani received many Indian government project tenders. People debated one of his projects in Madhya Pradesh because it involved diamond mines.
The Australian government gave his company’s $ 16.6 billion coal mine permission to start mining in Queensland, Australia. The government of Australia gave his company $1 billion. But the project was full of problems. Environmentalists in Australia warned that the project could hurt the environment.
Famous Gautam Adani Quotes
Business is all about risk-taking and managing uncertainties and turbulence.Gautam Adani
The infrastructure sector is all about building assets for the country. It is part of nation-building.Gautam Adani
When you are in the infrastructure sector, you’ve to work along with the government.Gautam Adani
Every economic opinion is associated with a set of assumptions.Gautam Adani
Being an entrepreneur is my dream job, as it tests ones tenacity.Gautam Adani
Gautam Adani is an Indian entrepreneur. And he is the 2nd wealthiest businessman in the world.
No! He was born in a middle-class family in Gujarat, India.
Yes! his religion is Jainism.
He earns approximately 200,000 USD per day.
Gautam Adani founded the Adani group in 1988 as a commodity trading business.