There is no dearth of educational apps in the market. Learning Management System vendors need these apps because-
- They enhance their performance,
- Apps are ideal for young hires as they are equally intuitive,
- Saves money from multiple costs, for example, having to buy new set up for new hires for training,
- Reduces employee turnover by providing the required training as it suits their needs
- Aids in better compliance from the employees.
Even when educational apps offer so many benefits, it is not an easy decision to create an app. Multiple factors affect this decision. Before developing an educational app there are several considerations in front of the creator-
- App Constructors-
Do you want to employ the app development companies that can provide you with custom solutions or do you want to look into the option of app constructors? These are the ready-made services of app building with minimal coding required.
The app constructors are cheaper to procure and will take minimal time to get started but might pose some problems such as maintainability and possible issues of listing with app stores. Thus, it is a trade-off between both options.
- Design of the educational app-
For every educational app it is imminent that it captures the attention of all its users be it trainers, trainees, or administrators; motivates them to learn further with different activities and exercises; makes social interaction possible, and last but not the least offers meaningful experience as well as results.
But, at the same time, the design and theme of the app must represent and attract the target audience, for example, an educational app for kids can do with bright and flashy interface with big buttons for kids to use unlike the one for employees training, which will be in comparatively subliminal color palette and sophisticated interface objects.
Both these apps, irrespective of who they cater to, will have to have a clear structure, ease of use, and continuous flow of content or information.
- Development team-
To develop an educational app, few specialists need to be hired to do the development job, such as
- Business Analyst
- Project Manager
- UI/UX designer
- 1 or 2 Android developers
- 1 or 2 iOS developers
- QA specialist
Hiring all these specialists in their fields as freelancers will only add up the hassle of the management of a remote team. So, either the whole in-house team needs to be set up including the above-mentioned people, or the other option can be taking the services of an outsourcing company.
- Technology stack to be used-
After deciding on whether to use app constructors or not, the design to be chosen, and the hiring to do the development, the last but not least consideration is the technology stack that will be used for the development of the app in question. This requires thorough research in the domain. The next consideration is to opt for a native app or a cross-platform one.
The native apps are created specifically for the android or iOX platform. These apps are higher priced partly because of the higher requirements of developers and have higher performance speed.
The cross-platform apps, as the name suggests, runs on both platforms smoothly. These apps have lower overall costs but result in lower animation and 3d object limitations.
After considering the above facets for development, the educational apps are created by-
- Ideating of educational app ideas,
- Market research to substantiate the said ideas,
- Maintenance of the quality of content offered,
- Making the Interface navigation easier and intuitive,
- Testing the app for any errors that might arise
- Bringing the developers on board for final development
- MVP model might be rolled firsthand to know the user reaction.