Carlos Slim is a Mexican businessman, professional character, investor, and philanthropist who is probably best known as the Honorary Chairman of América Móvil.
The Chairman of América Móvil, Forbes named Carlos Slim the richest person in the world from 2010 to 2013.
|Net worth||$74.7 Billion|
|Last Updated:||October 02, 2022|
|Born:||January 28, 1940|
|Height:||1.73m (5ft 6”)|
|Source of Wealth:||América Móvil|
Carlos Slim’s Net Worth Over Time
According to both Bloomberg’s Billionaires Index and Forbes, Carlos Slim is the 13th-wealthiest person in the world in 2022. This figure comes from Forbes’ real-time figures.
Here is Carlos Slim’s Net Worth Over Time According to Forbes,
|Before 2010||Below $35 Billion|
Carlos Slim’s Companies
- América Móvil
How did Carlos Slim become rich?
Most of Carlos Slim’s wealth comes from extensive holdings of leading Mexican companies under his conglomerate organization Group Carso and the wealth created from América Móvil.
- 1965 Carlos mas made $400,000 from private investments.
- By 1972 Carlos has owned 17 business organizations in the food and beverages, construction, and real state and mining industries.
- 1988, Slim bought Nacobre. The largest Mexican copper manufacturer.
- 1990 Mexican government privatize telecommunication services and Carlos made fortune.
- 1991-1996 Carlos acquired leading hotels in Mexico.
- 1999 expand the business to overseas countries.
- 2005 invested in Volaris, the Mexican Airline.
- 2007 Carlos make several trades of his equity rights in the tobacco, porcelain, and tiling industry.
- 2008 Carlos invested in a 6.4% stake in New York Times.
- On 8 August 2007, Fortune magazine reported that Slim had overtaken Bill Gates as the world’s richest person.
- In 2008, his philanthropy was recognized with the award of The National Order of the Cedar by the Lebanese government.
- Carlos announces his retirement in 2022 but yet he has not stated his formal retirement. Now Carlos invests in real estate in Mexico and abroad.
Famous Carlos Slim’s Quotes
All times are good times for those who know how to work and have the tools to do so.Carlos Slim
Firm and patient optimism always yield its rewards.Carlos Slim
Courage taught me no matter how bad a crisis gets … any sound investment will eventually pay off.Carlos Slim
With good perspective of history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future.Carlos Slim