Can Dental Implants Really Be Done in One Day?
Dental implant surgery has become so popular that many patients prefer it to traditional prosthetics in case of loss of several or even all teeth. However, when they hear how long it will take to implant even a single tooth, they become very disappointed. Depending on the individual characteristics of the organism, the full procedure takes from 5 to 9 months. But do not get upset with it: the best US clinic Advanced Periodontics & Implant Dentistry offers dental implants in one hour.
How Can You Install Dental Implants in One Hour?
Of course, to do something that takes 5 to 9 months in just one hour, you need a magic wand. Or advanced technology with superior equipment, as in the case of the Advanced Periodontics & Implant Dentistry clinic. Indeed, the entire implantation procedure is only one hour, but it is preceded by scrupulous work on high-tech equipment:
- During the consultation, the patient is given advanced diagnostic tests, thanks to which periodontists get a complete picture of the oral cavity with all nerves, blood vessels, and sinuses.
- According to the pictures, the dental laboratory makes an implant and a temporary prosthesis.
- During the second visit, the patient is implanted with a titanium screw without cutting the gums. A temporary prosthesis is put on it for the period of healing.
- When the implant is accepted by the organism, it is replaced with a permanent prosthesis.
Benefits of Teeth-in-Hour
Minimal psychological and physical discomfort will be a bonus for choosing the Teeth-in-Hour procedure:
- Since this implant technology does not require cutting, the healing process will be much faster.
- The patient will not have to be ashamed to open their mouth or smile for several months as is the case with a full-scale implant procedure.
- The patient can do without bone grafting if their own bone is enough.
Precautions During the Healing Period
The Teeth-in-Hour program assumes that a person can quickly receive a full-fledged, albeit temporary, prosthesis in place of a lost tooth. However, this does not mean that after an hour, it can be given the same load as any healthy tooth. A certain period of healing and strengthening of the implant is necessary. Therefore, if the patient immediately begins to gnaw apples or crack nuts with the teeth, the likelihood of rejection of the implant is possible. Doctors recommend another 5-7 weeks to stick to a soft diet in nutrition.
It is absolutely possible to make implants in one day. But this has become a reality thanks to the exceptional professionalism of the Advanced Periodontics & Implant Dentistry clinic’s periodontists and the state-of-the-art equipment they use.