Low level of productivity is quite a serious problem in today’s world. There are too many things that distract us from work and other important things. As a result, it can take us too long to finish even an easy task that needs a little more concentration than the others. If we want to increase our productivity, we have to be ready for changes. Nothing happens by itself.
- Let’s start with the way you wake up. Most people take their smartphones as soon as they open their eyes. And here it goes news, social media accounts, emails, etc. 99% that nothing serious has happened while you are sleeping that is why you can survive without this routine. Instead, you can meditate, workout, take cold and hot showers – all these things will give you lots of energy for the rest of the day. It’s like fuel for your body. Treat it carefully and you will see it return very soon.
2. Turn off the notifications on your gadgets. When you are at work. unneeded notifications distract you much more than you can imagine. For example, your friend sends you a silly picture, you laugh, then you want to reply with the same, start searching for something on the web and it can take forever. Then you need to switch back to work. And for some people it is a real problem to become focused quickly. If something serious happens, people will find you.
- That is why it is much better to set a certain time for your smartphone during the day. The same with the emails. If you receive too many of them, try to use the application for email management, like Clean Email. Clean Email can help you unsubscribe from emails you no longer want to receive as well as organize incoming emails once they reach your inbox.
- Moreover, it is important to protect your digital presence from spammers and hackers. The less spam you receive, the more protected you are from compromising your personal and financial information. If you are getting suspicious messages from senders you don’t know, first of all, you need to check if this email is valid or it was sent from email phishers. If this is a legitimate sender, you can open the message. However, it is not recommended to click any links or download attachments.
3. Tracking time is very important in determining your productivity level. You only have 24 hours, just like any other person. How you spend each second sets you apart from the rest of the world. While some manage to effectively manage their time and achieve success, others retire without any significant accomplishments. By the way, here you can use special applications for time management, like Trello, Toggle, etc.
4. If you feel like you are totally out of resources, take a short break at work, if you have such ability. Take a walk, reload your thoughts, call your friend and it will reduce the stress, so you will be able to continue working.
5. Setting a time frame is one of the basic requirements for creating goals. Once you have a deadline, you can determine how close you are to your goal. You create a task schedule that will help you remember your plans. This way, you can identify when you are missing deadlines and quickly get back on track.
6. Think about how often you devote time to the things that you really love. Do you have enough time to unleash your potential? After all, when we do what we love, our productivity reaches its highest level. And then with the received moral and spiritual satisfaction, we can proceed to any arrangements.