Nowadays laptops are used by freelancers, students, businesses for their routine work. Laptops are more in demand than desktops due to various benefits. A laptop can work without stopping for years if you maintain it properly.
A good properly maintained laptop can finish tasks in less time. Old laptop can work as much speed as new if you do maintenance at specific intervals. If your laptop needs repair for problems like screen repair, data recovery or virus removal then only use the best laptop repair service like PC Dial A Fix. They can also repair broken laptops of all popular brands.
Here are the best tips to do laptop maintenance at home.
- Temperature change can make a big impact on laptop health. So do not use the laptop until it gets to normal temperature. It is advisable to use a laptop at normal room temperature. Extreme heat or cold can be harmful for laptops.
- Nowadays most laptops do not have CD or DVD drives. But if you are using a laptop with these drives then always remove the CD after using it.
- After work, properly shutdown the laptop. While traveling, do not put it in sleep mode.
- Do not use a laptop near a strong magnetic field. Some examples of devices that generate magnetic fields are television, large speakers, mobile phones and many more electronics devices.
- Laptop screen is one of the most important things. Always clean it with soft cotton cloth and screen cleaning liquid. You can also use a screen guard to protect laptop screens. Don’t touch the screen with any sharp objects like pen and pointer.
- Avoid use of a laptop in an open area where it can get dust and other materials.
- One of the most important things is that do not put the laptop on soft surfaces like sheet, blankets. Laptop can overheat if it can not get ventilation through the bottom side of the laptop. So only use it on flat surfaces.
- For travelling only use good quality laptop bags with a pad on the backside of the bag. It will protect your laptop from any shock or accident.
- Take care of the laptop if you are drinking tea or coffee while working on the laptop. Always protect the laptop from water damage.
- Use a strong password for login access. Only share it with anyone who can trust. Do not make passwords like someone’s name.
- Remove unused files and folders that you have not used for the long time. You can also upload all the photos on your instagram or facebook page. It will free up space in the laptop.
- Clean cache and cookies while using the internet browser. Remove all these malicious files while catching cookies.
- Update all softwares and applications on time. It will give you more security and privacy protection.
- While doing maintenance also check the microphone and camera. Clean camera glass with liquid solution. If you can’t do anything then take expert help.
We hope all these tips will help you to repair your laptop for small and common problems.