Journaling is gaining prominence over the past years. Many started following this journaling ritual as it’s a habit recommended by successful people from all fields from ancient times. From the emperor’s period till now, journaling is something which is systematically followed by many. Previously, people used papers for journaling to jot down their thoughts, ideas, or incidents that happened throughout their lives.
Benefits of Journaling:
Well, when you check its benefits, there are so many. It’s a proven way that can help you to become a better writer and a thinker. When you count on the benefits of journaling, the list goes on never-ending. Some of them are listed below;
- Helps to inculcate gratitude and positivity: By Jotting down the positive thoughts and ideas can improve the quality of thinking and help to understand the meaning of gratitude. After practicing for a while, you will get habituated to focus on the good things, which will make you more optimistic in life and yield better results.
- Will become more productive: When you write down things to do, you will have a clear-cut idea of how to do it, and by writing down, you never miss important tasks that you have to complete. Maintaining a to-do list will highly help you to stay productive in your daily tasks.
- Helps to reduce stress and anxiety: Writing down your thoughts, bad or good, will help you understand situations better. By practicing journaling, overtime will make you find solutions for your problems or helps to realize where you are going wrong.
- Enhances communication skills: While journaling, you are trying to express your feelings and thoughts, which is also a way of communication. You are trying to communicate your ideas through writings. Practicing journaling will significantly help in improving your writing skills.
- Aids in improving memory power: It’s a known fact that writing down something will help you to learn better and faster. The same is the case with journaling; writing down special moments or incidents will help you remember important life moments.
- Improves your mood: writing down the thoughts will help you clear the mind from unwanted thoughts and get an idea to tackle them. Similarly, writing down your thoughts is also a way of expressing emotions. This will help you to clear the mind rather than keeping them bottled up.
Best Journaling Ideas That Can Make You Better:
Well, journals can be a treasure or a piece of junk, depending on how you use them and what you have added to them. One thing is for sure, journaling-if followed regularly can help you develop new perceptions, a fresh mind, and positive thoughts and can take your life to the next level. Some of the best journaling ideas are listed below;
Before heading towards journaling, a newbie should have a few things to start with- a journal of your choice, a good quality pen that is smudge-free. If you are a leftie, now you get excellent pens for lefties which can be a positive weapon to clear the way to success.
Next are the ideas to fill up your journal;
- Maintain a gratitude Journal: Make it a habit of writing down three things that you are grateful for every day. Try to fill it up in the morning, as these positive thoughts will keep you happy and positive throughout the day.
- Journal to scribble your negative thoughts: No matter what your thoughts are, if it’s annoying, write it down. Initially, you may find it funny or childish, but you will understand that you are getting rid of all the negativity and developing positive insights.
- Journal to Jot-down your day-to-day activities: You can maintain a record of your daily activities-like what you did, about your meetings, tasks completed, etc. The best part about journaling is that you can jot down things, or if you are somebody who loves to draw, you can try it out in any method, which makes it more interesting. If you are a leftie, you can check out specially crafted pens for lefties that are fast-drying and comfortable.
- Write down your goals: By writing down your goals, you get a clear picture of them, and you get reminded of them. This will help you to make efforts and work on them to achieve it. When you go through the goals, your desire to achieve them will increase, and great ideas will pop up to make your goals become a reality.
If you are somebody who hasn’t yet started journaling, you should give it a try. You get to experience positive energy and a vibrant perception about your life.