Gaming is a very personal experience. Sometimes, you may find yourself in a situation where you want to do something that could be detrimental to your gameplay. As gamers, we all have our own rules about what we will and won’t do while gaming, but there are some things that should always be avoided! In this blog post, we’ll go over thirteen things you should not do while gaming.
- Don’t make any sudden movements: This is one of the things that you really want to avoid doing while gaming. Sudden movements aren’t things that your character can do in-game, so why should you be able to? Avoiding this makes things easier on yourself and keeps things simple as well! Besides, it’s not like things will be a lot different for you.
- Avoid screaming at the screen: You don’t want things to get out of hand while you’re gaming and start yelling obscenities at the screen. That’s not a good idea, especially if there are other people around! Keep your voice low when things get tense in-game so that others can enjoy their experience without having to hear what you think about it.
- Don’t play games while watching TV: This one may seem like it goes without saying, but there are plenty of people who use the television to watch things as they play their video games. It’s true that this can be beneficial in some ways (like if you need something to do while playing), but no matter what your reasoning is, avoid doing both at once! You’ll get less from each experience, and things could become confusing later on.
- Try not to play for longer than two hours at a time: It’s important to be mindful of how much time you spend playing games. You may have heard stories about gamers who play for 18+ hours a day, or even worse things like kids who live in their parents’ basement all the time. These are things that most gamers avoid, and as an adult gamer yourself, it is imperative that you do too!
- Don’t play on unsecured sites: There are some things that you should never do while gaming, and this is one of them. You don’t have to be a techie or hacker to know the dangers of playing games on sites with no security measures in place. Just make sure you use a site that has some sort of security measure in place.
- If you’re feeling tired, go to bed: The best things about gaming are the lengths it can take us into another world and make things happen on screen without ever having to leave our couch or chair. But this is also one of the worst things about games because they keep us up late at night! It’s important not to stay up too long after playing as your body will eventually need sleep, and if you don’t get enough, things like moodiness, lack of focus for other tasks (like work), irritability may occur.
- Avoid playing with random players: You may have had fun the last time you played with a random player, but do not make this mistake again! You should never play games like Fortnite or League of Legends as they require more than two players to complete, and playing alone can be very difficult. If someone asks for help, it is best to just say no, so things don’t get out of hand.
- Avoid following wrong updates: News and rumors about games spread rapidly through naive gamers who have little knowledge about the gaming industry. They may lead you to things that are not true or could be harmful. It is best not to give in the temptation, especially if they seem outlandish and out of context. Instead, follow the latest game news from reputed sites or gaming blogs.
- Don’t use cheats/hacks: Hacking any game will result in an instant ban from servers by developers who have taken great lengths to ensure fair gameplay among all players; this includes everything from Minecraft’s Bukkit to FIFA’s Active Match Player. It is better to avoid the risk of ruining your gameplay experience with things that are most likely going to result in punishment by developers.
- Avoid using powers when not needed: It can be tempting to use things like the Force Push or the Shockwave while in a game, but don’t! It is best to only use them when you are fighting an enemy because otherwise, it will just put your team at a disadvantage. Moreover, this strategy also helps you level up faster.
- Don’t curse while playing games: This is one rule that should never ever get broken – don’t say anything bad about anyone during gameplay. You may think this sounds silly, but people who hear what you say might end up losing trust in you, which could lead to them purposely killing themselves just so they don’t need to deal with how terrible their life has become after hearing all those words from you.
- Don’t get too distracted: Sometimes, you might want to stop playing your game for a little bit just so you can take care of things in the real world. This is fine, but if it’s been more than an hour, then maybe it’s time to go back and finish what you were doing before because the chances are that things will only become worse for you while gaming.
- Avoid using weapons that have been weakened: When playing any type of shooter game, do not ever pick up guns that have less than half their ammo left, so things aren’t made worse for you and your teammates. Avoid going on with limited health: This one should be obvious – never go on if you’re low on health as things may take a turn for the worst, and then all hopes could be lost.
This has been a list of things you should avoid while gaming. It’s important to know what not to do for things to flow smoothly, and your gameplay will be better off! If you follow these rules, then there shouldn’t be any problems with how things are going.